Friday, March 9, 2012

SOOO, we decided to raise chickens....


Been getting a lot of mixed reactions when we started telling friends and family that we are going to give raising chickens a try...From "yay, that is wonderful...fresh eggs and a family project, great!" to "yuck, chickens are disgusting"......

I guess I should explain why we decided to raise the little cluckers.
Well, first and foremost, I wanted to. Plain and simple; because I can. And of course the ever popular reason, why not? Well, why not would be easy to explain: money, money, and who's gonna clean out the poop. But all the other reasons far outweigh the "not". Fresh eggs are healthy and free when you have your own chickens. No egg scares of bacteria and recalls...my eggs will be from my hens and I am the one feeding them and will know what they are eating. Fresh chicken is tasty as well....yes we are naming the chickens and yes we will be eating them at some point...I will explain in future posts why this will be done. I'll get some pics posted asap too! Building the chicken coop is going on this weekend and should be done aside from paint and siding.....hopefully you come along for our ride ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment