Thursday, January 24, 2013

An assault most FOWL!!

My CSI/Law and Order watching days are gonna pay off let me tell you....

One of my sweet, tiny, white silkies was attacked today!  In the face!!!  None of the witnesses are talking, but I am collecting my evidence and will solve this mystery!
******
+In the criminal justice system poultry based offenses are considered especially heinous.  In my back yard, the dedicated detectives who investigate these  vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Schlaud Chicken Victims Unit.+
.... (don-don)....
just for those who watch law and order too...tee hee hee....

 
Today was a day like any other in the Schlaud Chicks Chicken Coop....except that an attack on a small, helpless sweetie was being planned!

The chickens did not venture more than a foot or two from the front of the coop today as it was below freezing and snow had fallen....the loving chicken owner brought food, water, and scratch to the chickens never knowing an evil doer was busy hatching his plan....

The victim: 

 Rapunzel (if she turns out to be a boy he will be Flynn Ryder...those of you with little girls will understand)


 her wounds.....



THE SCENE:  
The Medium velocity spatter in a downward direction indicates her attacker was taller than her, bigger, stronger and meant business.  This type of pattern is most often associated with blunt force trauma or cutting/stabbing actions.*




The sunset making it next to impossible to find more evidence of the brutal attack, but rest assured evidence collecting and forensic testing will continue.  INCLUDING but not limited to: beak swabbing of each and every bash brother member, wing and breast feather swabbing...and if they won't talk, I'll water board the lot of them!


For now she is in the safe house awaiting medical care  with the other silkies ready for witness protection agents to give them their new identities....




Medical care....well, I'm assuming I'll have to clean it..but I'll totally be hitting up The Chicken Chick on her facebook page or her blog for medical advice...she seems to need stiches, but hopefully not since I don't think i can do that....All bleeding has stopped and she is clotting normally.....


....To be continued....





*blood spatter info help....just that one line but i dont wanna be sued cuz i'm broke...the other part of the blood spatter was totally made up....




5 comments:

  1. cleaned and ointment applied as per The Chicken Chick....

    the skin that makes up her "cheek" that i thought was off is actually hanging there...i can see everything in there...good news is its not actively bleeding, bad news is I probably need to take her to a vet for stitches so the skin can heal together....worse news...I dont know of any farm type vets in my area that will see her....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most vets will agree to treating an injured chicken for something as routine as sutures, Tracy and if not, you could certainly do it it yourself if you had to. The only really important thing to convey to a vet who does not see chickens routinely is that they do not tolerate lidocaine (or any 'caine" type drugs). Chickens have heart-related complications with these drugs and can very quickly die from pain killers.

    I can't see the injury well enough to tell whether it warrants sutures or not. If it's just a superficial flap of skin, I wouldn't think it does. If the cut goes into the face, through muscles, then it probably does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...you are on my blog...my tiny little blog...lol..i feel like i'm 18 not 38...haha...

    hopefully I can get better pictures tomorrow with some extra hands to help. Holding it open trying to clean it out and get the ointment in, I really think its just the facial skin...I see the muscles (which is scary but intriguing since I teach massage therapy therefore i teach muscles)but I'm not seeing any lacerations or damage in the muscles...i guess that is good... its a gaping hole which looks terrible. its just before her pretty blue earlobe thingy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROFL, Tracy! You're adorable. Can you visit my Facebook page and give us an upadate on this assault? Poor girl- her modeling career is over. :(

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kathy! I am on you facebook page everyday! haha...I did post last night (sunday night) with update info and the links to the pics so i didnt post too many pics on the FB page, but looking back tonight I dont see it...let me know if you I need to post again!!

      Delete