Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's that sound?????

...What sound???  I don't hear any....OH, THAT sound!  That my friend is my long lost buddy....the sound of silence....and its glorious let me tell you...

After dang near a week of crowing inside my house (downstairs hallway to be exact)....the silkies have flown the coop...

well, I put their fuzzy buts back outside...

The weather broke this week and we had glorious 70 degree weather...and tomorrow too!!  I took the opportunity to get them out!  Even "holey face"....the scab looks great, well seated, very firm.  I watched to make sure no one was bothering him and went out to check in on him here and there during the day and his face looks great, no one seems to be pecking at it.

Tonight, the hubs reported that everyone was snuggled into their usual places in the coop which is a relief.


**JAZMINE UPDATE**

Well, mama dumped her water yesterday or the night before and pooped on the eggs so I had to clean that up and wipe off eggs and give her new nesting material...and of course swung by "The Chicken Chick's" facebook to check in to see if i possibly killed the babies in the process....i didnt BUT there was one silkie egg sticking out from under her and it wasnt too warm (i totally shoved it under her), but the chicken chick bought up a fabulous point about owning an incubator.....I probably should order at least a small one just incase i get a mama who cant keep up or kicks someone out....  *insert evil grin here*  I'm totally gonna order one next payday ...teeheehee....

Other that pooping on her babies, she seems good...stinky poop and all.....I kept the food and water away from the nest all day, i sure hope she decided to get the heck up and eat, drink and for heaven's sake poop somewhere else!!!

Hope to have pics tomorrow night of candling !!

No comments:

Post a Comment