Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cock-a-doodle-STEW...if you're not careful!

This is Campbell....Our rooster....

We decided to go on vacation to Michigan...I was gone a week.  While we were gone, the neighbor lady who loves our chickens took care of them for us.  When I returned home and proceeded to pet my ladies like I usually do...this little buggar of a rooster decided he was going to charge at me not once but twice!  On the second charge, I kicked him in the chest...he calmed down and went about his business.

A few days later, he did it AGAIN!  My husband and children were will on vacation and we decided that if he was still showing aggression, for the safety of our children, we would go ahead and butcher him which is eventually the plan anyway.  

Since my husband has been home he's been fine...except a little stupid when he couldn't figure out how to get back to our yard from the neighbor's yard....silly Campbell.   Nate had to pick him up and toss him back over...wearing jacket, jeans and gloves of course!

**Roosters protect their flock and are naturally aggressive if they feel the flock is threatened which is one of the main reasons I wanted a rooster.  We held him and carried him as a chick to help make him used to humans.  Having no humans in the yard on a regular basis seemed to have bothered him but now that we are back he is not charging or attacking or anything...he even lets one of the dogs lick his booty which I think is funny and gross**

No comments:

Post a Comment