Friday, July 27, 2012

what the heck???

My sweet Husband was apparently very tired last night....

I was very concerned about all the girls making it home last night since they were scattered across my cul-de-sac....he went and checked, counted and forgot to close the door to the coop...I didn't notice till this morning since it was dark when I got home.

When I went out at 8 am this morning because the 7 year old said the rooster is under the deck I saw it and panic rushed through me....OMG, they all got eaten except that damn rooster!!!  hahaha....well, they are fine...they let themselves out this morning and into the yard of the neighbor....

A weird little treat was an egg laid under the deck stairs....odd..  Even more odd was the egg the was either laid in the middle of the hen house floor OR it was laid and kicked out by the hen that laid it or the next one in the nesting box....it was a soft shell...somebody didnt bake their egg completely!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment