Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 11th...and then there were 8...

Sad events happen with raising chickens....


The hubs and the kids were still on vacation, my neighbor didn't see my text, and my friend didn't have time to stop over and make sure everyone got back into the yard from the neighbor's....there was a fox in the area who seized the opportunity for dinner....our littlest hen, Dora, was alone on the wrong side of the fence when the sun went down and the fox got her.
...and yes, for those of you who have children who also watch "Dora the explorer" I am aware of the irony...lol....
...we found 2 piles like this and that was it.


I was disappointed but it happens....we didn't tell the little kids though,but Dora grew while Sydney (4) was at grandma and grandpas....and yes she did notice the difference....

No comments:

Post a Comment